It wasn’t until the very end of last week I was able to look back on those seven dreary days and find anything positive about them, but better late than never, I guess :)
For one, I managed to finish off another job application (#11 to be exact, but who’s counting?!). Also, sick time means down time and this time I decided to fill it with reading, which means I’m almost finished with ‘All around the Town’ by Mary Higgins Clark. It’s a really good read too, so can’t wait to give you a wee review (maybe it could serve as the first Christmas gift tip from me to you?). And on Sunday we even managed to be a little social as we were invited to a birthday (he turned 8, it was great!).
Another lovely thing produced by last week, and the real reason for this post, is the recipe I’m about to share with you. Gorgeous, easy to do and a perfect starter for 4 – here’s how to make Scampi Buffalo!
1/2 ts sea salt
1 tbs oil
4 – 5 celery sticks, depending on how long they are
4 tbs Buffalo Tabasco
4 tbs greek yoghurt
2 tbs blue cheese (preferably from a tube, if not, make sure you mush it real well)
1 tbs spring onion
2 ts green Tabasco
2 slices of bacon, diced
1,5 tbs walnuts, chopped
1. Mix yoghurt and blue cheese
2. Fry bacon until crisp
3. Roast walnuts
4. Blend bacon and walnuts in to blue cheese mix(?)
5. Season with green Tabasco
6. Thread eight scampi on four different skewers and brush with oil
7. Sprinkle some salt on ‘em before you barbecue both sides for a few minutes on mid heat (remember to properly soak the skewers first so you don’t start a fire!)
10. Sprinkle with Buffalo Tabasco and place them on a ‘bed’ of celery sticks
Serve with the kick-ass blue cheese dip you just make :)
If you prefer to have the recipe in Norwegian, here’s the original - I only made a couple of changes to it.